What are the barre classes like and it’s 5 benefits? Are you curious and not sure if it is right for you? Here at Melbourne Yoga and Pilates, here are the reasons why we love Barre.
Barre classes are a high-energy workout set to an upbeat playlist and combines cardiovascular exercise with toning and flexibility. It is suitable for all ages and fitness abilities but if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to have a chat to our friendly instructors before a class. Barre right here in central Melbourne CBD.
Here are the benefits you will see from a regular barre practice.
- No bulking! Barre is a fusion of ballet, Pilates, yoga, and dance cardio, making it an all-round workout that develops the long, lean muscles of a dancer.
- Full body workout! This all-inclusive workout has elements of cardio, strength, toning, balance, coordination, and flexibility, giving you a well-rounded workout in just 55 minutes!
- Fun! – Not quite a professional ballerina? Not to worry! You can still unleash your inner dancer at our barre classes which are set to high-energy music.
- Hard on muscles, kind on joints! The small controlled movements that take place in barre classes reduce pressure on your joints, tendons, ligaments and spine. By doing barre regularly, you will also notice a remarkable improvement in your core strength and posture, protecting you from injuries.
- Modifications for every age and level The beauty of barre classes is that everyone works with small movements and can limit or expand their range of motion to suit their specific needs. Exercises can always be modified whether you’re a beginner, pregnant or have an injury, but can also be amplified if you’re advanced and looking for more of a challenge.
Have any questions? Please send us an enquiry if interested, all of our professional instructors are here to answer all of your questions and needs.