So you’ve joined F45, the fitness phenomenon that is taking over the world, and you’ve been crushing your sessions day in and day out.
Let’s be honest, those first few weeks of training were tough, but you’ve pushed, slammed, jumped and burpeed your way through it all. And now you’re addicted!
But something is missing…
Perhaps you’re not getting the toned abs and lean thighs you wanted…
Or maybe you just want to add something different to your routine and de-stress from your workday…
Well, look no further! Read on.
Here are the Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Add Pilates to your F45 Routine.
1) Targeted Core Strengthening – There is a reason why Pilates is favored by Jennifer Lopez, Reese Witherspoon, and those glamourzon Victoria Secret models. Pilates is known for isolated movements that induce a deep abdominal burn (i.e. the hundreds, double leg stretch, single leg stretch) and gives you that lean and toned look. Pilates also strengthens your core which gives you great spinal stability, protecting your back from any heavy deadlifts or squats. So next time your F45 instructor tells you to slam that ball harder, you’ll be able to smile and say… “With pleasure!” Bring on those sculpted abdominal muscles for summer.
2) Balance Out Small Muscle Groups – Specific Pilates exercises can target your inner thighs, abs, and glutes – hello, butt lift! Pilates workouts include small and precise movements to target these hard-to-reach spots. Even though you cannot spot-reduce a specific area, Pilates certainly helps to lift and tighten those muscles to complement your F45 results.
3) Zen and Relaxing – Let’s be honest, we’re all stressed! Have a busy job trying to meet deadlines? Keeping plans with friends and family that you have repeatedly put off? Even dashing to your F45 workouts hoping that the warm-up hasn’t finished yet! Life is about busy busy busy and this all adds up to increased stress and cortisol levels in your system. Cortisol is the hormone that promotes fat deposits and storage and the best way to bring their levels down is by counteracting/balancing your regime with lower-intensity exercise that is still challenging. This is where Pilates comes in! Not only do you need to focus 100% of your attention on each Pilates movement, you also need to be conscious of engaging your core muscles, breathing deep and being present.
4) Injury Prevention – Pilates has been the exercise of choice for most physiotherapists because of this reason. Pilates will specifically strengthen your sensitive joints like knees, back and shoulders so it will keep you well and good for your box jumps, burpees, sled pushes, jump squats and any other impact exercises.
5) Minimum Time, Maximum Results – Pilates is the only workout that burns calories, tones trouble areas, increases flexibility and improve muscular strength all at once. Don’t have time to go to a 90-minute Bikram Yoga class plus do your core exercises? In as little as 30 minutes, Pilates can do all that for you, leaving you feeling fantastic and accomplished.
It should no longer be a choice to either do F45 OR Pilates but rather achieving a balance between the two.
Fitness is a journey, not a destination.
Sign up to our $99 for 10 Classes Intro Offer.
Make mind and body wellness a part of your fitness journey now.