Welcome to our Exercise Physiologists page!
What is an Exercise Physiologist?
Exercise Physiologists are 4-year university qualified allied health professionals whoand can help get you thate extra edge in your fitness journey. We specialise in the prevention, treatment and management of injuries and/or chronic disease through exercise prescription and can be excellent for those looking to exercise around any health conditions they may have.
The aim of Exercise Physiology interventions isare to restore one’s optimal physical function, health and wellness through movement using evidence-based solutions and include health and physical activity education, advice, support and lifestyle modifications to suit your needs.
What’s more, Exercise Physiologists work in a team-based approach and liaise closely with your other health professionals and GPs to maximise your health and wellbeing. We can also assist athletes and/active individuals with sporting performance, strength and conditioning, as well as providing injury prevention techniques. for those who are apparently healthy.
Services Exercise Physiologists offer here at Melbourne Yoga and Pilates
Common conditions we work with are:
- Musculoskeletal injuries and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Occupational aches and pains
- Metabolic conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes
- Mental health conditions like stress, depression, anxiety and PTSD
- All cancers and fitness for cancer treatments
- Chronic pain and chronic fatigue
- Neurological disorders like Parkinson’s, MS and stroke
- Promoting healthy ageing