Always wanted that lean toned Pilates body? Or perhaps you are looking to achieve calm, quiet and less stress through a regular yoga practice. Whatever your age or fitness level, yoga and Pilates are the best ways to stay healthy, look good, and feel great. They are both low impact, increases all-body strength and good for anyone with injuries.
If you are new to Pilates and yoga, it can be hard to know where to start. Do not feel intimidated, let the team at Melbourne Yoga and Pilates help you embark on a lifelong wellness journey.
- If you have no fitness background, it might be best to book in for a private session so we can explain the basics to you. A private session also allows you to ask questions freely and focus on areas that you would like to improve on. You can email us to book in at a convenient time for you.
- Wear comfortable exercise gear for your classes. Tights are recommended so you can move freely and comfortably.
- Morning classes at Melbourne Yoga and Pilates are the least busy so if you feel that you need extra guidance, they are the best classes for you.
- Melbourne Pilates is a way of movement that encourages alignment and correct muscle activation. To get the best out of your practice, start with at least 3 mat classes before you join a Pilates X class.
- We encourage a private session focusing on using Pilates equipment (both reformer and Wunda Chair) safely and correctly before you join Pilates X and Power Pilates classes.
- Always wear grip socks for Pilates X and Power Pilates classes for your safety.
- Try not to strain yourself in your first class. You are always invited to take it at your own pace and rest when needed.
- If you are purchasing a yoga mat of your own, remember to choose a non-grip option. Mats are usually priced between $60-100. Alternatively, you can rent one at our studio for $1 per visit.
Look out for our next article on the basic poses of Melbourne pilates and yoga. We hope you will enjoy your first class. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Melbourne Yoga and Pilates team at email@example.com